07 April 2008

Aargh!

So, after weeks of trying to get the Employer to purchase a Visual Assist X license for me - I can't function without refactoring support in an editor any more, Visual Studio 2005 doesn't implement refactoring for C++, and Visual Assist X adds this and so much more - I finally got a license code this morning... registered to the email address of the CEO's personal assistant.

You can call me Sheryl now.

Two "takeaways" for this:
  • be careful what you wish for
  • if you want things done right, do them yourself
Update: after contacting support at Whole Tomato, they were able to generate a new license key. Like I told them, I'm now a happier customer.

This is one of the things the former Employer got right, by the way. Jack understands the importance of customer service, even if some of the customers - John *cough* Chewter comes to mind - are quite obviously daft.

No comments: