21 October 2007

On the road again...

The family just got back in town tonight from a short vacation up in Anniston, AL to see daughter Jennifer, son-in-law Jeremy, and the two dachshunds Oscar and Nacho.

Tomorrow evening, I fly out to Houston for three days at HP-Compaq, returning Thursday evening.

Well, it could be worse: it could be six months in Lynchburg, VA. That was... difficult.

I don't know that I'll be able to see the elementary schools I attended when I lived in Houston, which is kind of a drag. There are a couple of teachers - Mrs. Blankenship, in particular - I'd love to look up and say thanks to. Well, there's always mail or email, I suppose.

I'm also not keen on some Texans, especially the one in the White House, but hey, it's also the state that gave birth to Stevie Ray Vaughan, Freddy Fender, and Los Lonely Boys, so it has its plus side.

If only I were going a little further northwest... ah, someday.

2 comments:

Barb said...

If I knew you were gonna have some free time I'd tell you you should try to see your neice Trish but I figured you'll be pretty booked up. I hope you have a wonderful time. I'll just be here ~ taking care of the kids, all by myself... waa waa waa

Ginky said...

Mrs. Blankenship?, uh, she is teribly nice and gentle, to be sure. Be sure to tell her how very, VERY organized you are today. I am sure that she would be pleased with her efforts (and MINE!!) Seriously though, Houston was a really nice city to live in under the circumstances. My heart, however, yearns in a different direction. Glad you are back for good. yM Charlotte