28 January 2007

Carter at Brandeis

I'm watching President Carter's speech/Q&A session at Brandeis on C-SPAN; it'll be followed by <sigh> Alan Dershowitz's rebuttal, which I'll probably skip. Carter's amazing: he's done more good in the world and shown more courage and leadership since his presidency than Shrub and his daddy - and the Gipper, for that matter - did in their entire lives. Sadly, I don't see anyone in the running for 2008 who has that potential, although Bill Richardson is kinda interesting: NewMexiKen gives some good reasons why. I had hopes for McCain until he began courting Bush's wingnut Christian fundamentalist base, and I have no real interest in Clinton or Edwards. Maybe this time I'll just write in a vote for Edward Abbey instead of wasting a vote on Ralph Nader. ;-)

No comments: