12 September 2006

Be careful what you wish for...

You'd think I'd have learned to be circumspect by now. You think I'd learn to do nothing and especially say nothing.

Maybe I was just subconsciously forcing a resolution on the matter after one too many meetings for one too many projects (although it was a weekend when I let it all out). Maybe it's just my scorpion genes.

Whatever: the result is that now I have a "timeline" set for my "transition" to the consulting world. I didn't quite pull a Dooce, but it comes pretty close. I didn't want things to end like this, but when you blather and post your name on something owned by google, it's no great surprise to have it be the first thing that turns up when someone searches on your name. Doh!

In other news, I did better on the Brainbench test than I thought:

C#

Score

3.83

Percentile

Scored higher than 86% of previous examinees

Account Percentile

Scored higher than 94% of 6484 previous examinees within this account

Proficiency Level:

Advanced (Master)

Demonstrates a clear understanding of many advanced concepts within this topic.
Appears capable of mentoring others on most projects in this area.

Strong Areas

  • Grammar
  • Value and Reference Types
  • Methods

Weak Areas

  • Object-Oriented Programming
  • Delegates
  • Developing Data Consumers and Services
  • Properties, Indexers, and Fields




W00t! I'm kinda peeved about OOP being a weak area, though: this all comes down to a vaguely worded question on containment versus aggregation, I think. Still, unlike the ProveIt test at Kforce, the Brainbench test gives some useful feedback.

No comments: