16 August 2006

Nothing but .NET

I went to the Tampa MSDN event yesterday with Paul and Dave at the Citrus Park Mall and watched Russ Fustino present brief overviews of the System.Net namespace in .NET 2.0, WCF, and ASP.NET Atlas. All pretty cool stuff, and I won a drawing for a Dino Esposito book on ASP.NET 2.0

Karma? ;-)

Actually, despite the suspenders a few guys were wearing, it was actually a bit of a thrill to be there because my decision to go into .NET consulting is feeling more and more to be the right thing to do. I have to study my butt off to build up some chops, especially in SQL and databases, but it feels good to have a sensible goal again. I'm even kinda jazzed about going for certification; it makes a lot more sense and is more relevant than what I was fighting with at USF.

No comments: